Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Personal Response: to kill a mockingbird

What memories of your own childhood come to mind as you read about Scout's experiences?
I remember, when I was Scout's age, there would always be someone around with me. My parents did not like me to go outside and play as they felt it would be difficult to take care of me, and unsafe. The only times when I went outside were always with both my parents, and also there wasn't very much space for me to move around freely.
However, I did have a few similar experiences; the only time I was without an adult was at school. At that time, my old primary school had a container house beside the field. Few teachers ever used the room. We would often pretend it was a haunted house and try to enter it. It was very interesting as once, the door was left unlocked by a teacher accidentally, and the whole class was scolded for making a mess out of the tables and chairs in the room.
Looking back, I feel that no matter how childish these experiences may be, these will be some of the most joyful experiences I had, and they will last me for a lifetime. If I had the chance, I would want to become a child for a day, and be carefree, without worries, troubles and responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment